October 20, 2019, 3:51

Rangers 3-1 Livingston: Gers fight back to beat 10-man Livingston

Rangers 3-1 Livingston: Gers fight back to beat 10-man Livingston

Rangers returned to winning ways as they came from behind to beat 10-man Livingston 3-1, but there was cause for concern as new signing Ryan Kent limped off with a hamstring injury.

A dominant first-half performance from Rangers, which yielded plenty of chances but no goals, ended with former loanee Kent limping off in the 41st minute after pulling up in the Livi half.

  • Ryan Kent: Rangers wait on injury news
  • Latest Scottish Premiership table

The visitors broke the deadlock from the penalty spot just two minutes into the second half, with Steven Lawless firing home after Lyndon Dykes had been tripped in the box by Scott Arfield.

But Rangers hit back through a James Tavernier free-kick in the 55th minute before goals from Alfredo Morelos and substitute Brandon Barker – either side of Dykes’ sending-off – wrapped up maximum points.

Rangers had the lion’s share of possession in the early stages but, while there was some positive build-up play from the hosts, it took them 11 minutes to register the game’s first shot.

The relentless home side continued to push for an opener and Sheyi Ojo had a good opportunity in the 23rd minute when he took the ball round visiting goalkeeper Ross Stewart but he could not keep it in play.

And Rangers were dealt a huge blow in the 41st minute when Kent was unable to continue and replaced by new boy Barker.

Livi made a dream start to the second half as the referee pointed to the spot just over a minute in after Arfield fouled Dykes. And Lawless scored his third league goal of the season from 12 yards to put Gary Holt’s men 1-0 up.

But Rangers hit back in the 55th minute when Tavernier’s free kick from the left side evaded everyone in a packed box and went straight in.

Sourse: skysports.com

Related posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *